Saturday, October 29, 2005

Another good one from Gina

Young Doug lived in the country and couldn't find work, so he moved to the city, and found a job as salesman in a huge megastore. At the end of his first day, the boss came up and said "How did you go, Doug? How many sales did you make?" Doug said "One, sir". The boss frowned and said "Thats not good enough. How much was it for?" Doug replied "$100,000, sir". The boss did a back flip: "Tell me how you achieved that".
Doug explained. "A man came in to the store and I sold him some fishing hooks. I asked him what kind of fish he was after and he said "big ones", so I said he would need a bigger rod than the one he had. I asked him where he was going to go fishing and he said 'Down on the bay". I told him he would need a boat, and took him to the Marine dept. where I sold him a 40' cruiser. He said his car wouldn't be able to tow that, so I took him to the car sales dept and he bought a four wheel drive."
The boss was astounded. "And this came about because he came in to buy fishing hooks?" Doug replied "No sir. He came in to buy some tampons for his wife, and I said "Well your weekend is stuffed. You may as well go fishing".

No comments: