Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I have to hand it to....

......good ole Nancy Grace, she sure is a passionate person. She's tough on criminals and soft on the victims. I honestly can't stand defense attorneys. They are always coming up with excuses for their defendants, trying to get them out of trouble. It's always "I'm insane" or "I was high" or "God told me to do it". Ugh Give me a break! I admit at one point in my life I helped a defense attorney get my now ex out of trouble and boy do I feel guilt for that one. My ex was sure guilty! Anyway, it's my life's dream to become a criminal prosecutor. Now to accomplish that is the question. I once wanted to be a foreign language teacher. LOL Well we see where that went.
Today I read an article about the guy who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart. The powers-that-be say he is insane. His religious beliefs leave a little to be desired but who are we to judge. Speaking of judge, a circuit court judge says the suspect will undergo psychiatric evaluation and therapy until he is deamed compitent to stand trial for his actions. This is a bunch of hooey! His religious rights are being stripped from him. Just because he believes something different doesn't mean he's insane. Now, I do believe he used the insane bit to his advantage by faking nutty outbursts in court. I also believe he did the crime itself. I hope he has fun in prison. My problem is the treatment of a person's religious rights. That's what our forefathers fought for. Send this guy to prison. Quit spending the taxpayers money on guys who aren't insane. Lock him up and throw away the key.

Blessed be

No comments: