Saturday, February 03, 2007

Guilty

Cold is my shattered heart
Dark is my broken mind
Once I had an abounding love
I could never seem to find
I hoped your love was true
I thought you were right
Pulling in two directions
You hurt me out of spite
You built me up too high
Made me think you're good
Feelings spilling like the waterfall
Oh I'm sorry you misunderstood
I meant what I said
I gave you my word
Let's be friends you say
To me that's absurd
But you know how I am
I will do what you say
Holding you in my heart
I love you every day
You could never do anything
To make me stop loving you
My love is unconditional
My heart and love are true
Maybe one day you will realize
How much you truly mean to me
I have waited this long
I can wait for an eternity
If you are an obsession
Then I'm guilty as sin
Because what's in my mind
I will always keep within
They say it's too soon
Well maybe that's true
All I've known for years
Is that I've always loved you

No comments: