Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Update

Well I must say it certainly has been an interesting weekend.

I feel better now that I've cleared the air with a close friend. In doing so, I think I helped her out with an issue. I just can't wait for her to move here from out of state. Even though there is an age difference, we do seem to have a lot in common.

I am still working on another issue with a wise friend. I'm hoping that the stupid mistakes I made will not permanently affect our relationship. I should have listened to her in the first place instead of HIM. I will accept whatever she deems necessary.

I've had loads of fun this weekend with DJ, Jen, and Talia. Now if only the camera was working, I'd post pictures. I never thought I would ever have fun like this. I feel so free to be myself. I am being accepted for who I am.

I must say that the past two years I have been living indoors way too much. Living under someone else's thumb, rules, whatever you want to call it, really is quite a bummer. I am an adult and I can do what I please. The only way someone can dictate what I do is if they are my father or my husband.

I have determined that I am going back to the person I once was. I won't take any bull, certainly not from a man. I will not trust a man until my friends feel comfortable with him. It's too bad I had to go through so much crap and loss to figure this out.

In closing, I hope I will be able to continue to enjoy myself even though I am possibly terminally ill. No, I'm not trying to seek attention by mentioning it. I am not comfortable speaking of it to anyone either. It's apparent though that I have so much more to live for now, I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

Love to you all and be safe!

No comments: