Saturday, July 29, 2006

Reponse from an Israeli teen

I had posted a question to Eugene, the young man who has written the "Live from an Israeli Bunker" blog, and another young man answered it via email by saying this below.

"Hi, Sunny!

I live in Israel and I thought I'd answer this question you had;"I'm sure you've been asked this already but I'd like to know for myself; why are innocent people being hurt and being put in the middle of a conflict that they were never involved in? Why do the children have to suffer? Not all Lebanese are Hezbollah so why do they have to endure such a tragedy? I'm not saying Israel doesn't have a right to defend themselves because I feel they do, but maybe something less violent could have been done first. This is just my opinion."

Firstly, I thought I'd just mention that Israel is barely using a small part of it's capabilities, the IAF is fighting at a restraint and has limited it's attacks to 20% power. There are only 2 Hativot in Lebanon, which is not THAT much...But that does not answer you question. I just thought you'd like to know that. :)The answer is quite simple, Hezbollah have set up their Bases in citizen populous, and are fighting in a guerilla type fighting from those citizen areas, which is known as a type of fighting that has a great impact on the citizens who live where the fighting is taking place. So basically, it's a win-win situation for Hezbollah, because in some cases we let them go (like when a friend of mine saw a Hezbollah terrorist holding a RPG launcher in one hand and a baby on the other, and had no choice but to let him get away), and they survive, or we have no other choice but to attack (like in Beirut, which contained terror facilities of highly importance) and get the bad reputation.

But oh well, there'll be peace in the middle east one day, I hope, no, I know I'll live to see it. :D

Idan, 18 years old from Israel"

Thank you Idan, you and Eugene have given me a lot of good information.

No comments: