Friday, July 21, 2006

My heartache

A shattered heart tells many tales of times that a loved
one has broken it.
Many stories of painful moments that have left a heart
torn into pieces and never whole.
The gashes grow bigger with each moment it cannot
undo or force itself to forget.
A heart never forgets or trully heals it only mends
temporarily until another tale is born.
Excruciating heartache pounding on my chest to free
itself of captivity.
Wanting so much to make the person it loves trully
happy.
Those tales of the broken heart are not forgotten.
Heart is kept in captivity to be guarded and watched.
To never go through a similar tale again.
Yet heat hurts because it's love is forcing it to forget.
Therefore, the blood is falling with no signs of stopping.
The pools of it filling the captivity drowning the heart.
Heart wants to make the love happy but at what price is
it willing to risk it or the love willing to risk it's well-
being?
How far will they both go?
The answer is until one no longer exists like before.
Hurting so much that I cannot hide it any longer and a
river of tears flow down my cheeks to my pillow.
Crying until I cannot anymore.
Words the invisible knife that goes deeper with each
word spoken until it makes it through.
Words that then make a knife slice downward more each
time with it’s painful intention.
In the end, what is left is a broken heart, sitting inside
depressed crying in pain.
My mind can’t stand the heart this way.
Thoughts fluttering in of the possible solutions all no
good to be thought; let alone acted upon.
My heart feels so weak it can’t go on; there is no hope
or support.
Time to end it, my heart can’t take any more and either
can I.
Hands shaking as they accept the mind’s command.
Taking slowly a few pills at a time, in the palm of my
hand and taking them to my mouth.
After that slowly taking a knife and slicing my will to
live.
Sitting in the corner in the fetal position, my face to the
wall and my back to the rest of it all.
Silently awaiting my fate as the blood trickles all over and my blurred vision sets in.
Could this be the end?
Oh please let it be!!
I can take no more.
Set me free of this life and bring my heart to the joyful
beats it once had.
Bring me to the place of ecstasy and harmony so that for
once I may be happy.
I cannot and will not take this pain and guilt anymore.

No comments: